Thursday 21 February 2013

Style struggles x_x

I've been sketching on the document images and I think I'm a little bit stuck. I have two styles going; one sketchy but detailed and more realistic, one with chunky, solid blocks of colours. SO TORN:

Chunky colours or detailed, coloured sketches...? I don't knoooow...
The left style isn't necessarily easier for me; it's not what I normally draw, and the characters are...not quite right.

Ísafold.
Atroll.
Yrsa.
The other style is what comes out if I just sit down and draw without thinking, but it's quite intricate and perhaps not very... Interesting. Argh. I love the idea and setting of this project, but the visuals are giving me a bit of a headache.

Oh, I'm also working on a little map as a break from the characters:
 I'll have a strong coffee and carry on after lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment